Kendal Ann Dukes was born 1/17/10. Exactly one month before Colin's birthday. She weighed 7lbs 3oz and was 20.5 inches long. Brian and I arrived at the hospital at 7:30am and was in the operating room at 9:30am. She was born at 10:01am. It is amazing how fast c-sections can go. We stayed in the hospital till tuesday and then we were able to go home. The hospital lifted the restrictions on the amount and age of visitors, so Colin was able to come visit. He was very excited to meet his little sister. So far he has been very excited and interested in what she is doing. He likes to hold her and give her kisses. Our challenge is trying to make him understand that he needs to be very gentle with her. Having Brian home for the birth has been such a blessing. I can't imagine him not being here for such a wonderful event. I'm just glad he was able to schedule his leave around her arrival. Brian and I both think that Kendal looks exactly like Colin did when he was born..just the female version of him. So far she has been a very mellow baby...great eater and likes to sleep. Brian and I feel very blessed to now be able to call ourselves a family of 4!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Kendal Ann Dukes
Kendal Ann Dukes was born 1/17/10. Exactly one month before Colin's birthday. She weighed 7lbs 3oz and was 20.5 inches long. Brian and I arrived at the hospital at 7:30am and was in the operating room at 9:30am. She was born at 10:01am. It is amazing how fast c-sections can go. We stayed in the hospital till tuesday and then we were able to go home. The hospital lifted the restrictions on the amount and age of visitors, so Colin was able to come visit. He was very excited to meet his little sister. So far he has been very excited and interested in what she is doing. He likes to hold her and give her kisses. Our challenge is trying to make him understand that he needs to be very gentle with her. Having Brian home for the birth has been such a blessing. I can't imagine him not being here for such a wonderful event. I'm just glad he was able to schedule his leave around her arrival. Brian and I both think that Kendal looks exactly like Colin did when he was born..just the female version of him. So far she has been a very mellow baby...great eater and likes to sleep. Brian and I feel very blessed to now be able to call ourselves a family of 4!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment